Our attorneys are experienced in the unique challenges posed by obtaining, protecting, and enforcing intellectual property rights on the Internet. Such experience includes:
- Counseling clients by reviewing, drafting, and negotiating license agreements involving Internet-based activities and conduct;
- Domain name disputes arising out of the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) and arbitrated via the National Arbitration Forum (NAF) and/or the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO);
- Domain name disputes arising out of the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA) (15 U.S.C. Sections 1125(d) & 1129);
- Preparation of and/or responding to takedown notices pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA); and
- Counseling regarding the secondary liability of Internet intermediaries (i.e. website owner/operators, bloggers, e-commerce vendors) under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act.